Identity and contact details of the controller
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line and here we explain how we collect data, what we do with it and which rights you can exercise.
Data we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- data (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may arrange;
- data in connection with an account sign-in facility, such as your log-in and password details;
- details of any transactions made by you through the Site;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content; and
- data from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
- You are under no obligation to provide any such data. However, if you should choose to withhold requested data, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional data about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be directly identified from this data and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We use technology such as "cookies" to collect data and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We use the following categories of cookies on our Site.
- CATEGORY 1: NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
- CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES
These cookies collect anonymous data on how people use our Site. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never contain personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES
These cookies remember choices you make such as the region you visit our Site from, language and search parameters such as size, colour or product line. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The data these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES
These cookies collect data about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we use third party companies such as Criteo to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES
These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the Site on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
If you'd like to opt out of other third party cookies relating to behavioural advertising, please go to www.youronlinechoices.eu. Opting out does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the websites from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Uses made of your data and legal basis for the processing
We will use the data you provide upon the following legal basis, and for the following purposes:
- when the processing is necessary to carry out our contractual obligations, in particular to:
- enable us to process your orders and to provide you with the services
and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- when the processing is necessary under the law, for instance to verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online, to comply with any applicable law, or the requests of the competent authorities;
- on the basis of our legitimate interest, for instance to:
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and
customise them for users;
- carry out research on our users' demographics and tracking of sales
- in the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third
party, in order to smoothly manage the transfer.
- on the basis of your consent:
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site, customers and sales in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reliable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal data to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time.
We have subcontracted the operation of certain aspects of the Site to Farfetch UK Limited (company number 06400760, VAT number GB 204 0769 35, registered in England and Wales and with registered office at The Bower, 211 Old Street, London, EC1V 9NR, UK) and Farfetch.com US LLC (company number 10994099, registered in the United States and with registered office at East 7th Street, Suite A-250 Los Angeles, California, 90023) (both “Farfetch”). Services provided or procured by Farfetch include, but are not limited to, payment processing, customer service, hosting and delivery logistics. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may share your data with other companies and organisations for identity verification and fraud protection purposes to the extent permitted by applicable laws. In particular, when you make a purchase from the Site, we may make searches about you at credit reference agencies for such purposes. The agencies will record details of any search. This data may be used by other subscribers for similar purposes.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, any personal data we hold about you necessary to the re-organisation may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these public forums and never disclose your personal data.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal data under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal data. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of data you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal data if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your data
We will keep your personal data as long as we have a relationship with you and, following the deletion of your account, or your last purchase, for the time necessary to be able to manage possible requests or claim regarding the products purchased by you. We may also retain your data for a longer period, when requested by applicable law.
International data transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at a destination outside of the European Economic Area including the US. The US and other non-EEA regions do not have similar data protection laws to the EEA, and you should be aware in particular that the law and practice in the United States in respect of law enforcement authority access to data is significantly different from Europe. Where we transfer your data we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your rights regarding the protection of personal data continue to be safeguarded consistent with our obligations under applicable law, for instance by ensuring that the EU Commission issued an adequacy decision with respect to the region of the exporter, or by entering into with the exporter the Model Clauses drafted by the EU Commission. For more information on the transfers we might carry out, and the guarantees in place, please contact us at the contacts indicated below.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal data;
- rectify the information we hold about you;
- subject to specific requirements, erase your personal information, or restrict our use of your personal information, or object to our use of your personal information, when the processing is based on our legitimate interest;
- withdraw the consent at any time to our processing for marketing purposes, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
- receive your personal data in a structured and commonly used and machine-readable format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability);
- lodge a complaint with your supervisory authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, or you need any information in this respect, please contact us at the details below. We encourage you to contact us to update or rectify your data if it changes or if the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
Via Ceresio, 7
20154 Milan (Italy)