Returns and Refunds
Right of withdrawal / Returns policy
As a consumer, you may cancel your Contract in relation to Products purchased on the Website, without any penalty. Returned Products must conform to our returns policy below.
Conditions of the returned Products:
You must return the Products in the same condition in which you receive them except to the extent reasonably necessary to examine them. This includes the following guidelines:
- Products should be returned unworn (other than to try them on), unwashed, undamaged and unused with their original tags;
- footwear and accessories should be returned in the original boxes provided and inside a protective shipping box;
- if the Product comes with a security tag this should be left on;
- hosiery should only be returned if it is unopened and is in its original package; and
- lingerie and swimwear must only be tried on over your own lingerie garments.
We recommend that you return Products in their original packaging to ensure the necessary protection when in transit. Instructions for the return of the Product(s) will be included with the delivery package.
If you fail to comply with the above obligations (including the conditions of return), we may deduct from the refund an amount to reflect the diminished value of the Product(s) up to the full price of the Product(s).
You cannot cancel a Contract for the supply of any of the following Products:
- any Products that have been personalised or made to your own bespoke specifications unless such Products were damaged or faulty when delivered to you or have been incorrectly delivered;
- any Products that have had a hygiene label or seal removed or broken.
Except in relation to certain types of Products (as set out above You cannot cancel a Contract for the supply of any of the following Products), you may cancel a Contract at any time before your order is delivered and up to 14 days afterwards, beginning on the day after you received the Products ("cooling-off period").
To cancel a Contract, you must clearly inform us, preferably:
- by email at [email protected] or by telephone on
US: 1 518-351-2667, UK: 44 (0) 20 3962 0747, giving us your name, address and order reference; or
- by completing and returning the Cancellation Form and sending it to the address set out in the form.
If you cancel an order (or part of an order) during the cooling off period, you must return the Product(s) within 14 days after the day on which you notify us of the cancellation and comply with the Returns Policy.
If you cancel a Contract between us within the 14 day cooling-off period (see above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case within 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product(s) back or (ii) if earlier, the day on which we receive evidence that you have returned the Product(s) to our returns address.
We will refund the price of the Product(s) in full (subject to any deduction we are entitled to make due to your use of or damage to the Product(s)), including the cost of standard delivery. However, we will not refund your cost of returning the Product(s) to us, and you are responsible for those costs. We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase, unless agreed otherwise.
Free Returns Pick Up
We offer a free collection service to all customers for Product(s) you wish to return (except in relation to certain types of Products as set out in the Returns Policy mentioned above). You have 14 days from receiving your order to return the Product to us. We strongly recommend that you book your free returns pick-up within 7 days of receiving your order to ensure that it arrives back in time. Please note that we can only collect returns from the same region to which your order was delivered.
To book a free returns pick-up:
- Sign in to the Site and go to My Account;
- Under 'Orders' click on the 'Book a return collection' link next to the order you want to return;
- Select the Products you would like to return and follow the steps to schedule a pick-up time and address.
We will e-mail you with your Returns Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number, confirmation of your collection time and address, a booking reference number and returns documents.
What happens next?
Print out the Air Waybill (AWB) and attach it to the outside of the parcel. There will also be a copy to give to the courier. Please save a copy of the AWB for your records. You can use this to track your return shipment.
If you have been provided with a returns invoice for customs, please enclose one inside the package and attach a signed copy on the outside with the AWB.
Do not seal your package until the driver has checked the contents.
Faulty Products and warranty
Neil Barrett warrants to the consumer that are residents in the EU that the Products that are delivered from this Website comply with the specifications and are free of material defects and workmanship errors for a period of 24 months from the date of delivery.
This warranty applies only to Products which are a) manufactured by or for Neil Barrett as identified by the "Neil Barrett" trademarks, trade name, or logo legally affixed to them and b) purchased by consumers from this Website.
If a Product has manufacturing defects or in any case of alleged lack of conformity of Products, in order to benefit from his/her rights under this warranty policy the customer must clearly inform us, preferably: by email at [email protected] or by telephone on "US: 1 518-351-2667 or
UK: 44 (0) 20 3962 0747 ", giving us your name, address and order reference.
In any case, the proceedings intended to enforce the lack of conformity not fraudulently hidden by Neil Barrett shall in any event expiry after 26 months from delivery of the Product(s).
The Product(s) should be returned to Neil Barrett within 15 working days following notification to Neil Barrett of the damaged or defective Products. Neil Barrett will examine all Products returned as damaged or defective and in case of a lack of conformity, will replace the Product, or, if this is not possible, refund the price paid.
Neil Barrett will refund the price and your costs of returning defective Products using the same method originally used by you to pay for the purchase. If the recipient of the Products indicated in the order form is different from the individual who made the payment for such Products, the amount paid for returned items shall be refunded to the individual who made the payment.
In the event that Neil Barrett finds no fault with the returned Products, you will be notified on the above and that the returned Products cannot be accepted and you may elect to have the Products re-delivered to you. If you do not accept re-delivery, Neil Barrett reserves the right to retain the Products and the purchase price.
This warranty does not apply (i) if the Product has been subject to faulty and improper use, repair, alteration and/or modification in any way that is not covered in the documentation for the Product; (ii) to damages caused by failure to follow the instructions covered in the documentation for the Products or other specific instructions from Neil Barrett; (iii) if the Product is damaged by misuse, abuse, negligence, accident, normal wear and tear and deterioration, improper environmental conditions or lack of responsible care, (iv) to damages due to any other cause not related to defective design, workmanship and/or materials.
This warranty is in addition to your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described and nothing in this section affects your legal rights.
Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to depict Products as accurately as possible through the photographs and other images featured on the Site, the detailing (such as colour, pattern and texture, etc.) you see on-screen will depend on your monitor and, as such, may not exactly reflect the actual detailing of a Product when you receive it.
Any information on the Site regarding sizing of Products is included as a guide only. If you are in any doubt as to the size of any Product you require, we recommend that you contact us prior to placing an order (see Contacting us).
What you are allowed to do
You may only use the Site for non-commercial use and only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. You may retrieve and display content from the Site on a computer screen, print and copy individual pages and, subject to the next section, store such pages in electronic form. Additional terms may also apply to certain features, parts or content of the Site and, where they apply, will be displayed on-screen or accessible via a link.
What you are not allowed to do
Except to the extent expressly set out in these terms and conditions, you are not allowed to:
- 'scrape' content or store content of the Site on a server or other storage device connected to a network or create an electronic database by systematically downloading and storing all of the content of the Site;
- remove or change any content of the Site or attempt to circumvent security or interfere with the proper working of the Site or the servers on which it is hosted; or
- create links to the Site from any other website, without our prior written consent, although you may link from a website that is operated by you provided the link is not misleading or deceptive and fairly indicates its destination, you do not imply that we endorse you, your website, or any products or services you offer, you link to (and do not frame or replicate) the home page of the Site, and the linked website does not contain any content that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, vulgar, indecent, offensive or which infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party.
You must only use the Site and anything available from the Site for lawful purposes (complying with all applicable laws and regulations), in a responsible manner, and not in a way that might damage our name or reputation or that of any of our affiliates.
All rights granted to you under these Terms and Conditions will terminate immediately in the event that you are in breach of any of them.